Each year LEAF auctions a Fire Truck Ride to school for a lucky elementary student! In 2019, the winning bidders were Mark & Ann Thelen. Due to the pandemic, the fire truck ride wasn’t able to be completed until today (May 19, 2022).
At the Annual Earth Day Half Marathon on Saturday, April 16, members of the LEAF board of directors as well as community members organized through the District 742 Transitional Services Team.
Spring 2022: $51,350
- $23,711 – Spring grants to student activities programs in grades K-12. These grants support all fine arts, academic and athletic student activities programs.
- $6,257 – grants to the district Chinese & Spanish Immersion Programs (Academic Fund)
- $500 – “Best of 742” photo contest grant to Apollo/Tech photography programs
- $185 – District 742 athletic game program grants.
- $4,600 – flow-through grants from donors to various Activities, and Academic Programs.
- $16,097 – “special programs”: (Homeless, Participation, Adopt-a-Classroom, PAKRAT, PAKCAT, Scholarships)
Homework is Hard; Imagine How Hard it is Without a Home. Help us lessen the negative impact of homelessness in District 742!
April is “Homelessness Student Awareness” month. Every day, students experiencing homelessness face the daunting task of focusing on a quality education while worrying about he basic needs of reliable food, clothing and shelter.
LEAF recently received a $4,000 gift from Woodcraft Industries to support District 742 academics, activities, arts and athletics.