Legacy & Planned Giving
Legacy & Planned Giving
Establish a legacy in support of education while you are still living!
Major gifts from generous donors provide a solid foundation for the success of LEAF. Join other community members who support our youth. Gifts of $25,000 or more allow donors to set up a Legacy Fund within LEAF that can be directed to benefit a specific activity or educational program; or it can be given in the donor’s name to a program/activity through the LEAF grant process. Legacy gifts can be given over a period of up to 5 years. Legacy Funds provide an annual grant in the donor’s name and a Legacy of support for education in District 742! Visit with the LEAF executive Director for more details of how to set up a Legacy Fund in your, or a loved-one’s name.
Current LEAF Legacy Funds
- George & Shirley Torrey Fund in support of student activities
- Michael Faber Family Fund in support of student activities and academic programming
- Barclay & Janet Carriar Fund
- Peggy Carlson & Chuck Nielsen Fund
- Tech High School Athletics Fund
- Tech High School Football Fund
- Apollo High School Activities Fund
- Retired District 742 Educators Fund in support of student activities and academic programming
- South Junior High School Activities Fund
- District 742 Immersion Program Legacy Fund
- Phillip Schmitz Scholarship Fund
- Hans Bodvarsson Scholarship Fund
- Mary & Edmund Schnettler Scholarship & Program Fund
- Music Matters Fund
“We will always be thankful to District 742 for providing our children with a good education, and we are strong believers that extra-curricular activities are very important to a well-rounded education. When we planned our will, we felt it important that we leave funds to our favorite charities. LEAF has been one of our favorites since 1993. Therefore, we have named LEAF as a recipient of a gift in our will”.
– George & Shirley Torrey
Make a provision for a gift to LEAF in your estate planning to provide a legacy of support to District 742 students for years to come. Planned gifts through estate planning, Life insurance and Trusts can be arranged with the Central Minnesota Community Foundation or your own financial adviser, by contacting LEAF’s Executive Director at 320-309-8703.
Current planned donors on record with LEAF:
- Bruce & Colleen Hentges
- Linda & Tom Prescott