LEAF Announces a Total of $163,452 in Fall 2022 Grants
The District 742 Local Education & Activities Foundation board of directors announces the awarding of the following grants during the first few months of the 22-23 school year:
- $42,220in Adopt A Classroom grants to 169 classrooms in every school across the district. These $250 grants are provided by individuals, businesses and organizations to help classroom teachers purchase needed supplies.
- $25,664in Fall Activities Fund Grants. These grants support all fine arts, academic and athletic student activities programs.
- $19,482in Fall Academic Fund Grants in support of unique classroom instructional initiatives.
- $25,000 for the District 742 Elementary Music Program. The funds were raised through LEAF’s Learning Renaissance.
- $2,523from the LEAF Activities Participation Fund to pay for 51 sports physicals and equipment needs for students who would otherwise be unable to afford to participate in our after-school activities program.
- $5,271from the LEAF Homeless Student Services Fund to help homeless students and their families with school supplies, food, clothing, and emergency shelter needs.
- $13,361for the PAKRAT Program– A unique Child Literacy and Parent Involvement Program in grades P-3 in every district school
- $2,671for the PAKCAT Program – A unique Child Math Literacy Program in our preschool classrooms.
- $14,924 for Apollo Activities and Tech Athletic programs, raised through the Eagle and Tiger Scramble Golf Events.
- $1,000 to Tech NHS and Apollo Majorettes Program as a result of the ongoing LEAF Photo Contest; “The Best of 742”!
- In addition, LEAF has been the conduit from donors for $11,336in “Flow-Through” funding to support academic and athletic programs in the St. Cloud District 742 schools.
Total Fall 2022 Grants: $163,452