LEAF Announces $174,698 in Fall 2021 Grants
The District 742 Local Education & Activities Foundation board of directors announces the awarding of the following grants during the first few months of the 21-22 school year:
- $37,928in Adopt A Classroom grants to 152 classrooms in every school across the district. These $250 grants are provided by individuals, businesses and organizations to help classroom teachers purchase needed supplies.
- $43,275in Fall Activities Fund Grants. These grants support all fine arts, academic and athletic student activities programs.
- $31,771in Fall Academic Fund Grants in support of unique classroom instructional initiatives.
- $12,000for the District 742/Rotary Club “Preschool 4 Success” Initiative. These funds were raised through the 2021 LEAF Learning Renaissance this October.
- $6,925from the LEAF Activities Participation Fund to pay for 67 sports physicals and equipment needs for students who would otherwise be unable to afford to participate in our after-school activities program.
- $3,000 from the LEAF Immersion Program Fund to purchase books in the Spanish Language at Clearview.
- $1,721 from the LEAF Chinese Immersion Program Fund to support the Chinese Immersion program at Madison Elementary.
- $4,724from the LEAF Homeless Student Services Fund to help homeless students and their families with school supplies, food, clothing, and emergency shelter needs.
- $819for the PAKRAT – A unique Child Literacy and Parent Involvement Program in grades P-3 in every district school
- $8,594for the “PAKCAT – A unique Child Math Literacy Program in our preschool classrooms.
- $13,991 for Apollo Activities and Tech Athletic programs, raised through the Eagle and Tiger Scramble Golf Events.
- $4,000 to support the AP Testing Program at Apollo and Tech High Schools
- In addition, LEAF has been the conduit from donors for $5,950in “Flow-Through” funding to support the athletic programs at Apollo and Tech.