LEAF 2017 Award Winners
LEAF recently recognized and thanked community supporters at the annual LEAF Community Report and Awards Reception at the St. Cloud Country Club on Monday, February 26, 2018. Awards were presented for lifetime service, volunteerism, charitable donations, coaching/directing excellence, and instructional excellence.
The following individuals were recognized:
- Joanne Dorsher received the LEAF Lifetime Service Award for her many years of service to LEAF, including as the LEAF Board President and other contribution to the growth of the Foundation.
- Pat Welter received the LEAF Volunteer Service Award for her years of service on various LEAF committees and her leadership with the LEAF Learning Renaissance and LEAF Allocations Committee.
- The LEAF Charitable Giving Award (Individuals) was presented to Mark & Ann Thelen and Mike Podawiltz & Diana Murphy-Podawiltz for their $20,000 challenge match for the LEAF 742 Challenge for Children, which raised over $50,000 for homeless youth in District 742 schools.
- The LEAF Charitable Giving Award (Corporate), was presented to Liberty Bank, represented by Mark Bragelman, President/CEO and Robin Gohman, Senior VP. Liberty chose LEAF as a Partner for the Annual Liberty Block Party, which led to a major donation, allowing LEAF to begin a new Activities Participation Fund to help disadvantaged students participate in the activities program.
- Mike Voit, Karlyn Doyle, Wayne Chemlik and Kerry Kopp were each awarded the LEAF Coaching/Advising Excellence Award. The award is given to coaches/advisors whose demonstrated leadership has been a model for others and a benefit to those student who are fortunate enough to work with them.
- Sue Linn-Hasbrouck and the District 742 Language Immersion Program was awarded the LEAF Instructional Excellence Award. Sue has shown instructional excellence as the leader of the Immersion Program for most of its 10 years.
LEAF also recognized six board members who are completing their terms on the Board of Directors: Mike Janey, Mike LaFountaine, Bruce Mohs, Joe Mullen, Patrick Mullen, Janet Reagan, and Gary Strandemo all finished their sixth year on the LEAF board of directors.