LEAF Announces School Year 2021-22 Grant Awards Totaling $244,567
Spring 2022: $51,350
- $23,711 – Spring grants to student activities programs in grades K-12. These grants support all fine arts, academic and athletic student activities programs.
- $6,257 – grants to the district Chinese & Spanish Immersion Programs (Academic Fund)
- $500 – “Best of 742” photo contest grant to Apollo/Tech photography programs
- $185 – District 742 athletic game program grants.
- $4,600 – flow-through grants from donors to various Activities, and Academic Programs.
- $16,097 – “special programs”: (Homeless, Participation, Adopt-a-Classroom, PAKRAT, PAKCAT, Scholarships)
Fall 2021: $193,218
- $38,428– Adopt-a-Classroom grants to 154 classrooms in every school across the district. These $250 grants are provided by individuals, businesses, and organizations to help classroom teachers purchase needed supplies.
- $43,412- Fall Activities Fund Grants.
- $21,231- Fall Academic Fund Grants in support of unique classroom instructional initiatives.
- $22,000- for the District/Rotary Club preschool program expansion.
- $20,000 – for District-wide activities program-building.
- $4,039- from the LEAF Activities Participation Fund to pay for sports physicals and equipment for students who would otherwise be unable to afford to participate in our after-school activities program.
- $4,721 – grants to the District Chinese & Spanish Language Immersion Programs.
- $10,574- from the LEAF Homeless Student Services Fund to help homeless students and their families with school supplies, food, clothing and emergency shelter needs.
- $759 – for the District PAKRAT – Child Literacy and Parent Involvement Program in grades P-3 in every district school
- $400 – athletic game program grants.
- $14,454- for the “PAKCAT – Child Math Literacy Program in our preschool classrooms.
- $11,500 – scholarship grant payments for scholarships awarded in spring 2021.
- In addition, LEAF was the conduit from donors for $1,700in “Flow-Through” grants to support for various programs.